SDG&E C221 Long Span Reconductor (ABDSP 199)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- SDG&E C221 Long Span Reconductor (ABDSP 199)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- San Diego Gas and Electric (SDG&E) in consultation with a trusted Native American elder and the district archaeologist have identified a problematic electric line and power pole segment on an existing easement in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. The project would abandon a portion of that easement and establish a new easement. Two old existing wooden poles are in an advanced state of deterioaration and are in a recorded archaeological site containing historic and prehistoric artifacts. There is concern the poles may break of fall over exposing and damaging more resources and potentially starting a wildfire. Realigning the pole line and replacing the two old existing poles in two other existing pole locations with new steel poles will resolve the problems and protect natural resources from wildfire risks and cultural resources from exposure and damage. The two old existing poles will be cut near ground level and covered with native soil so as not to disturb buried cultural resources.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (760) 767-4960
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15305
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impact to the environment is anticipated in compliance with CEQA Section 15300.2. If the project is implemented as indicated within the CDPR Project Evaluation Form, including conditions provided by CDPR specialists, then it is exempt under CEQA Section 15301 - existing facilities and CEQA S 15305 - Minor Alterations in Land Use Limitations. The action falls under the Department List of Exempt activities according to CEQA Section 15300.4 as: - "utility repairs or minor upgrades" (class 1, section 15301) and - "issuance of easements and permits" (class 5, section 15305).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2019018396 PDF 53 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.