Chipps Island Shipping Container Removal
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Chipps Island Shipping Container Removal
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR will remove a submerged shipping container that currently poses a potential navigation hazard from Spoonbill Creek adjacent to the southeastern corner of the "North Parcel" of Chipps Island. The removal of the submerged shipping container will benefit both navigation in Spoonbill Creek by eliminating a potential navigation hazard and habitat for fish and wildlife by returning Spoonbill Creek to more natural conditions.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
3500 Industrial Blvd., 2nd Floor
West Sacramento, CA 95691
Phone : (916) 376-9826
- 38°03'37.8"N 121°54'31.6"W
- Other Location Info
- City: N/A Spoonbill Creek and the adjacent portion of Chipps Island, Solano Co. southeastern corner of the "North Parcel".
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, 4, Sec. 15301(i), 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- *(c) The proposed project to remove a submerged shipping container in Spoonbill Creek that is a potential navigation hazard would be a short-term (less than two weeks), one-time activity will all the work done between August 1 and November 30, the in-water work window to minimize effects on fish and other aquatic resources. Note: See NOE for full details.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.