Westside Mutual Water Company LLC's (WMWC) Multiyear Banking and Transfer Program (Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Wheeler Ridge-Maricopa Water Storage District (Wheeler Ridge -Maricopa Water Storage District)
- Document Title
- Westside Mutual Water Company LLC's (WMWC) Multiyear Banking and Transfer Program (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the project is to maximize available water supplies due to fluctuating hydrological years in order to have a reliable water supply to sustain existing agriculture operations. The Project would allow banking or direct delivery for irrigation of available water supplies. For example supplies could be acquired during wet years, such as 2017, for use during dry years. The project would provide WMWC with operational flexibility and facilitate better management of available supplies to meet existing water supply needs. The source of supplies, recipient water districts and lands for direct deliveries, and water banks where water would be stored, and other aspects of the project, are described in Exhibit A attached to this Notice of Exemption. Beneficiaries of the project are landowners and water users within the boundaries of recipient water districts described. Much of the land that will be benefitted by the project is within Wheeler Ridge-Maricopa Water Storage District. The Project would utilize existing facilities and not involve any construction, and project water would be used to irrigate existing farmlands and would not result in any land conversions.
- Contact Information
Lorelei H. Oviatt
Wheeler Ridge -Maricopa Water Storage District
12109 Highway 166
Bakersfield, CA 93312
Phone : (661) 858-2281
- Fresno Kern Kings Madera Tulare
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- exempt status: Categorical exemption, statutory exemptions, common sens exemptions The District has determined that the project is exempt under CEQA. This determination is based upon the general rule that CEQA applies only to projects that have potential for causing significant environmental impacts. And that where (as here) it can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that the activity in question may have significant effect on the environment, the activity is not subject to CEQA. Furthermore, the District has determined the project has no possibility for significant effect on the environment because (i) the Project will use existing facilities and would not require and construction or grading (ii) the Project does not create, require, or constitute a new permanent source of water supply, and will not result in any growth inducing or cumulative environmental impacts (iii) there will be no land use changes as a result of the project and (iv) no new lands will be brought into production as a consequence of project Banking or water deliveries. Additionally, the district has determined that the Project will utilize the operation of existing facilities, and there will be no expansion of use beyond that existing as of the date of this agreement. Therefore, the Class 1 existing facilities exemption (CEQA Guidelines section 15301), and the common sense exemption apply (CEQA Guidelines section 15061(b)(3). Moreover, water transfers occurring for a period of one year or less are statutorily exempt from CEQA (Water Code section 1729).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.