Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Cuneo Creek Horse Camp Water Tanks
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Install water tanks above Cuneo Creek Horse Camp in Humboldt Redwoods State Park to increase the drinking water storage capacity for the facility. Work will:
- Use an excavator to excavate an approx. 12" deep x 14' wide x 40' long area;
- Install approx 6" of compacted aggregate base;
- pour an approx 6" deep x 14' wide by 40' long concrete pad with a 1' x 1' deep perimeter footling;
- use a handheld gas-powered vibratory compactor to compact the excavated soil around the slab as backing;
- install 4 8.5' diameter by 13' tall (5,000 gallon storage capacity) water tanks;
- install a pump in the nearby water plant and install approx 525' of 2" HDPE line from the existing water plant to supply the tanks with treated water;
- install approx 525' of 2" HDPE line to provide water service to the Horse camp;
- excavate 16 2' deep holes approx. 4' from the perimeter of the concrete slab;
- install metal fence posts and secure with concrete; and
- attach 6' high chain link fence, approx 4' from the perimeter of the concrete slab.
Project consists of the repair, maintenance, or minor alteration of an existing public facility involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond current levels; the construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures; and minor public alterations in the condition of land which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees, included as "utility repairs or minor upgrades" and "installation of fencing, signs" in the Parks and Rec's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR S 15300.4.