Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) Line 235 Repair and replacement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0128-R6)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 6 (Ontario) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6)
- Document Title
- Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) Line 235 Repair and replacement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0128-R6)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0128-R6, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Southern California Gas Company. The Project will consist of repairs/replacement along the existing 30-inch-diameter natural gas pipeline corridor (Line 235). The work will cross 40 desert dry washes. All repair and replacement locations will be located within the existing 50-foot right-of-way, which extends approximately 25 feet on both sides of the pipeline centerline. Rock riprap or other structures will not be used within or near drainage features. In addition, water is not anticipated to require diversion because the drainages are expected to be dry during construction.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6
3602 Inland Empire Blvd., Suite C-220
Ontario, CA 91764
Phone : (909) 484-0167
- San Bernardino
- Other Location Info
- Location Specific: SoCalGas' Line 235 extends along an existing utility right-of-way (ROW) running generally northeast-to-southwest from Newberry Springs, California to Highway 247 in San Bernardino County, California. The pipeline corridor crosses 40 unnamed desert dry washes with connectivity to the Mojave River.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Tit 14, Sec. 15301(b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of repair and replacement of the existing SoCalGas gas pipeline facility, thus the project is an existing facility used to provide electric power, natural gas, sewerage, or other public utility service (title 14, section 15301(b)). The Project activities will remain within SoCalGas's right-of-way with no new impacts SoCalGas has coverage under Memorandum of Understanding (2081-1995-049-5) with CDFW for take for State-listed species.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.