Novy Rice Zenkus Fish Passage Improvement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Novy Rice Zenkus Fish Passage Improvement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The goal of the project is to improve habitat conditions, water quality, and fish passage on the main-stem Shasta River. The project includes irrigation dam improvements, fish screen relocation and improvements, and irrigation pipeline installation. Relocating the fish screen to the point of diversion will reduce fish entrainment in irrigation canals and eliminate the need for the existing fish return bypass channel, which results in warm water discharges to the Shasta River and potential fish stranding. Piping irrigation water will reduce ditch loss in the system and will result in a reduction of the quantity of water diverted.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2673
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will address a fish passage velocity barrier on the Shasta River, provide adequate fish screening at an existing point of diversion, and improve existing irrigation conveyance facilities. The project does not exceed the size of limits of categorical exemption 15333 and is not the result of enforcement action.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.