De Luz Station 16 Tough Shed Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- De Luz Station 16 Tough Shed Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project proposes the placement of a new 18-foot-wide by 24-foot-long prefabricated "Tough Shed" storage building on a 6-inch-thick concrete slab with 12-inch by 12-inch concrete footing within an area of bare soil at the existing CAL FIRE De Luz Fire Station 16. The building will be surrounded by a 4-foot-wide concrete sidewalk. A stack block wall 58-foot-long and no more than 30-inches-high will be erected to the east of the new building. Implementation of this project will require minor leveling of the proposed area and excavation of footings with any spoils to be terraced into adjacent areas (approximately 7 cubic yards), placement of form boards and re-enforcing steel, placement of approximately 21 cubic yards of transit mix concrete. There will be utility connections to this new building requiring excavation of 10 feet long by 18-inch deep trench from the existing apparatus building electrical panel to the new building, placement of a 1-inch electrical conduit and backfill, compaction and leveling of trenches. All work associated with site preparation, concrete pour and building installation to be completed by the building contractor. The project work would be completed within two weeks. Note: See NOE for full details.
- Contact Information
Cal Fire- Monte Vista Headquarters
Pre-Fire/Resource Management Office 2249 Jamacha Rd
El Cajon, CA 92019
Phone : (619) 743-5530
- San Diego
- Other Location Info
- Location Specific: 39413 De Luz Road, Fallbrook CA 92028
- Other Information
- NW 1/4, NE 1/4 Note: See NOE for full details.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 15303, 15304, Class *
- Reasons for Exemption
- *3 and 4 Tis project is contained within the descriptions of two Categorical Exemptions listed in the CEQA Guidelines: Class 3 pertaining to new construction, and Class 4 pertaining to minor alterations to land. After completing an environmental analysis at the Unit level, the Department has determined this project will have no significant impact on the environment. This determination is based on field assessments and a review of pertinent environmental factors and previous assessments within the station grounds. Note: See NOE for full details.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.