Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Deer Park Fire Road Rehabilitation
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Rehabilitate, realign, and improve Deer Park Fire Road in Mount Tamalpais State Park to improve public safety and access as well as reduce impacts to resources. Work will occur along the 2.14 mile-length of Deer Park Fire Road on State Park land, and will:
- Regrade road where sufficient side slope exists to achieve sheet flow;
- Fill erosion trenches with mixed size imported rock and cap with brown shale aggregate;
- Remove 15 old culverts and regrade locations for improved drainage;
- Remove 1 culvert and replace with an upsized culvert in the same location;
- Install 20 rock-armored reverse grade dips;
- Install 12 non-armored reverse grade dips;
- Install 1 armored drain swale;
- Install 3 non-armored drain swales; and
- Re-use any excavated soils onsite as fill.
Project consists of the repair, maintenance, or minor alteration of existing public facilities involving no expansion of use beyond current levels, included as "road repairs" in the Dept of Parks and Rec's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR Section 15300.4, and the minor public alteration in the condition of land which does not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.