MP 92.97L to MP 93.37L Verizon Communications Line Installation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- MP 92.97L to MP 93.37L Verizon Communications Line Installation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Verizon requests an encroachment permit from DWR to inspect an existing cable and to install a new 2-inch high density polyethylene (HDPE) Standard Dimension Ratio (SDR)-11 duct from Aqueduct MP 93.37L to an existing Verizon hand hole at MP 92.97L. First, using a mini excavator and hand tools, excavations will be made at both mileposts to locate the communication boxes; an approx 2,220 ft trench will be dug to connect them. The trench will be about 2 ft wide, by 4 ft deep. The excavations for the boxes will measure approx 4 ft long x 4ft wide x 4ft deep. About 3 cy of material will be excavated at each milepost. Once the trench is complete, a new 24 count fiber optic cable will be placed in the trench from MP 93.37L to MP 92.97L and the cable will be spliced at each end. Once the work is complete, all excavated areas will be backfilled and compacted.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
San Luis Field Division 31770 Gonzaga Rd
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (916) 651-9642
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304, 15305
- Reasons for Exemption
- Work involves excavating and trenching in the DWR ROW to install a new fiber optic cable; no woody vegetation will be removed. The trenched and excavated areas will be backfilled and compacted once the cable is installed. Categorical exemption 15304 (Minor Alterations to Land) and 15305 (Minor Alterations in Land Use Limitations) apply.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.