Seismic Monitoring Station - Caspers Wilderness Park
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Emergency Services, Office of (California Governor's Office of Emergency Services)
- Document Title
- Seismic Monitoring Station - Caspers Wilderness Park
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This new station will contribute to the CA Earthquake Early Warning System (CEEWS) designed to potentially save thousands of lives during a large earthquake, prevent critical infrastructure damage and expedite recovery following a large earthquake. The network to which this sensor is connected will contribute real-time data to accurately record and warn people of strong shaking due to earthquakes in the region, help provide records of ground motion that would be of immense scientific, engineering and public safety value. Note: See NOE for full details.
- Contact Information
Office of Emergency Services, California
3650 Schriever Avenue
Mather, CA 95655-4203
Phone : (916) 845-8132
- 33.5579755°'"N 117.5577503°'"W
- Other Location Info
- Location Specific: Ronald W. Caspers Wilderness Park, 33401 Ortega Hwy, San Juan Capistrano, CA, 92675 Note: See NOE for full details.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 3, 4, 6 Sec. 15303*
- Reasons for Exemption
- *15304, 15306 This project is exempt in accordance with Class 3 as described above, construction of new small weatherproof enclosures to operate seismic sensor equipment for the purpose of data collection (Class 6). In accordance with Class 4, the project described above consists of minor public or private alterations in the condition of land and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees. None of the exceptions to a notice of exemption apply.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.