Bishop Creek Canal Bridge Replacements Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0175-R6)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 6 (Ontario) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6)
- Document Title
- Bishop Creek Canal Bridge Replacements Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2017-0175-R6)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed a Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2017-0175-R6, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the Los Angeles Department of Water and power, represented by Mr. Clarence Martin, 300 Mandich Street, Bishop, CA 93514 (Permittee). The project is limited to the replacement of the South Fork Bishop Creek Bridge adjacent to the Bishop Creek canal, and the replacement of the Bishop Creek Canal Bridge at the A-1 Drain. Access to work areas will occur along the existing roadways, and no equipment will be placed within CDFW-jurisdiction. Equipment staging and maintenance areas will be located on existing paved areas, nesting bird surveys will be implemented prior to any vegetation disturbance. The project will result in temporary impacts of 0.062 acres to the canal bank and temporary water diversion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6
Inland Deserts Region 3602 Inland Empire Blvd., Suite C-220
Ontario, CA 91764
Phone : (760) 200-9394
- 5, 17
- Other Location Info
- Location Specific: The project is located on the Bishop Breek Canal, a tributary to the Collins Road Canal and the Owens River, approximately one mile east of the City of Bishop, Inyo County, California.
- Other Information
- Note: See NOE for full details.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Tit. 14, Sec. 15302, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 2, S15302, Replacement or reconstruction- the Project will result in the reconstruction of the existing facilities, without substantially altering the facility footprint; Class 4, S15304, Minor Alterations to Land- the Project will result in minimal impacts to the condition of the land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.