Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Truck Shed Door Restoration
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Restore the Gas Auto House door at Railtown 1897 State Historic Park too preserve and protect the historic structure. Project will:
- carefully remove the original door, and use the original hinges to hang a temporary door;
- remove additional non-original pieces as well as any compromised or rotted pieces; - remove any compromised fasteners located in the structural areas of the door;
- mill new pieces from same species and with same dimension as original. Reuse old pieces of door where possible;
- use exterior grade stainless steel screws to reconstruct the door, and create plugs using same species of wood, to cover screws. Glue and cut flush to finish;
- spot priming bare wood areas and paint to match original color; and
- reinstall original door and tighten/adjust hardware where needed.
Project consists of projects limited to maintenance, repair, stabilization, rehabilitation, restoration, preservation, conservation or reconstruction of historical resources in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties, with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimer.