Restore the Gas Auto House door at Railtown 1897 State Historic Park too preserve and protect the historic structure. Project will:
- carefully remove the original door, and use the original hinges to hang a temporary door;
- remove additional non-original pieces as well as any compromised or rotted pieces; - remove any compromised fasteners located in the structural areas of the door;
- mill new pieces from same species and with same dimension as original. Reuse old pieces of door where possible;
- use exterior grade stainless steel screws to reconstruct the door, and create plugs using same species of wood, to cover screws. Glue and cut flush to finish;
- spot priming bare wood areas and paint to match original color; and
- reinstall original door and tighten/adjust hardware where needed.
Project consists of projects limited to maintenance, repair, stabilization, rehabilitation, restoration, preservation, conservation or reconstruction of historical resources in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties, with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimer.
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.