Rehabilitate the Candle Room at Sutter's Fort State Historic Park to provide park visitors with an improved interpretive experience. Work will:
- use a spray pump and sponge to gently wash walls with clean water;
- remove existing chimney hood and patch roof where chimney was located with like kind materials to match;
- level floor surface by moving built-up material against walls to uneven surfaces.
- remove bricks surrounding fire pit;
- fill fire pit with inorganic similar substrate to be level with existing surface;
- repoint deteriorated brick mortar with like kind, patch deteriorated brick and parge coat with like kind material;
- repaint brick walls with silicate based breathable masonry paint;
- upgrade existing lighting system with LED lights and install wooden electrical chase.
All work will be done in accordance with Secretary of the Interior Standards for Rehabilitation.
The work will be conducted in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties, with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.