Shasta College Campus Veterans Support & Services Center Project (VSSC).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Shasta Tehama Trinity Joint Community College District
- Document Title
- Shasta College Campus Veterans Support & Services Center Project (VSSC).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Shasta College proposes constructing a one-story VSSC of approx 3,000 sf to better serve the student Veteran population. The VSSC is open to all students who are current or former members of the U.S. Armed Services, or who are family members of veterans that are eligible to receive VA benefits. The following services will be provided in the VSSC: - Appointments with staff and Counselors who are Veterans' specialists - Access to computers and printers - Quiet study spaces - Veterans lounge with amenities - On campus & community resources for veterans - Peer support and mentoring.
- Contact Information
Shasta Tehama Trinity Joint Community College District
PO Box 496006
Redding, CA 96049-6006
Phone : (530) 242-7525
- Parcel #
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15314-minor additions to schools
- Reasons for Exemption
- "Class 14 consists of minor additions to existing schools within existing school grounds where the addition does not increase original student capacity by more than 25% or ten classrooms, whichever is less." Review of the floor plan does not identify any "classrooms" other than two "Quiet Study" rooms and one "Conference Room" which could be interpreted as rooms available for educational purposes. The five offices and waiting area could also be used for educational purposes. This results in a total of nine potential "classrooms" or "educational rooms or areas". Give that the college had a total of 6,637 students in the 2017-2018 school year, the VSSC building would not result in an increased student capacity by more than 25% (a total student increase of 1,665). The addition of the Veteran's Center Building to the College does not increase the original students capacity by more than 25% or by 10 classrooms. Therefore, the proposed project is categorically exempt per section 15314.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.