California Aqueduct Reach 7 Ponding Basins Vegetation Removal
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct Reach 7 Ponding Basins Vegetation Removal
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Consevation Corps (CCC) and DWR's San Luis Field Division willl clear all woody vegetation from the two ponding basins in Reach 7. Chain saws and other hand tools will be used; vegetation will be stacked on the basin berms to be burned at a later date. Remaining stumps left in the gound will be sprayed with a non-surfactant herbicide to prevent future growth. A mower pulled by a tractor will mow the basins and will make the fewest passes possible. The mower blades will be at least 6 inches off the ground. Trash will be collected and disposed of appropriately. The State Water Project Contractors will benefit.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
San Luis Field Division 31770 Gonzaga Road
San Luis Obispo, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5123
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 - Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- Vegetation removal and mowing in existing DWR ponding basins.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.