Beatty Reservoir Outlet and Streambank Restoration Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0206-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Beatty Reservoir Outlet and Streambank Restoration Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0206-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0206-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and game Code to James Beatty. The project is limited to seven (1) encroachment for a reservoir outlet and emergency overflow into an unnamed tributary of Eldridge Creek. Work for this encroachment will include excavation, removal of the undersized culvert at the reservoir outlet, replacement with new properly sized culvert, backfilling and compaction of fill, rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion, and installation of a rock armored emergency spillway. The streambank restoration involves placing rock armor and planting native vegetation to prevent erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5827
- 39.2602°'"N 123.2754°'"W
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- Location Specific: The project to be completed is located within the Russian River watershed, approximately 3.5 miles west of the town of Redwood Valley, County of Mendocino, State of California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 and 33, Title 14*
- Reasons for Exemption
- *Section 15301, Section 15333 The project replaces an undersized culvert at a reservoir outlet with an appropriately sized and placed culvert and rock armored emergency spillway. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project would not constitute an expansion of use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.