Balanced 1:1 Exchange of up to 5,000 acre-feet of State Water Project Table A Water between Palmdale Water District and Antelope Valley-East kern Water Agency (
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Balanced 1:1 Exchange of up to 5,000 acre-feet of State Water Project Table A Water between Palmdale Water District and Antelope Valley-East kern Water Agency (
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Under the proposed water exchanged, up to 5,000 acre-feet of PWD's approved 2018 SWP Table A water will be delivered to AVEK by December 31, 2018. In exchange, AVEK will return to PWD, based on a balanced exchange ratio of 1 to 1, up to 5,000 acre-feet of its future approved SWP Table A Water prior to December 31, 2028.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Kern Los Angeles Ventura
- Other Location Info
- Location Specific: Palmdale Water District (PWD) is a State Water Project (SWP) contractor located in Los Angeles County. Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency (AVEK) is an SWP contractor located in the Los Angeles, Kern, and Ventura Counties. The SWP includes facilities located throughout the State of California, including existing facilities that allow for delivery of water to both PWD's and AVEK's service areas. The SWP is owned and operated by the California Department of Water Resources (DWR); DWR is headquartered in Sacramento, California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Sec. 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- a. The proposed project is a water management operation using only existing facilities for the exchange of water from one SWP contractor to another SWP contractor, b. The limited term transfer will not support new development or a change in land use, and c. The transfer is entirely within the SWP place of use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.