Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area - Pressure Tank Building Water System Upgrade
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area - Pressure Tank Building Water System Upgrade
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the project is to facilitate the upgrade of the water system service to the district complex area. Most of the work will be conducted within the pressure tank building located on the north side of the district office complex yard. A contractor will provide the installation of the new, smaller pressure tank units and realigning the building's internal, above ground plumbing and install a Variable Frequency Drive motor control on an interior wall. Excavation for this project is limited to an exploratory hole measuring 24 in x 48 in in between the eastern wall of the pressure tank building and the gasoline fuel vault pad. Maintenance staff will use hand tools (shovels) to perform the excavation. Spoils will be placed to the site of the hole until ready for backfill once the underground plumbing is diverted. The realigned plumbing will be mounted to the lower side wall of the building, wrapping around the eastern wall then turning and proceeding westward along the north wall before reentering the building again on the north wall. Brackets installed into the building wall will provide the necessary support. Electric rotary hammer/drills will bore the holes to mount the support brackets to hold the water line. An electric boring machine will drill the oversized holes in the north building wall to allow the 3 in water line to enter the building. Once the new plumbing line is completed and the water system is back online, maintenance staff will proceed to demolish the existing steel pressure tank to facilitate easy removal from the building. The interior, above ground plumbing lines and pump mounts will be relocated within the building to provide better layout for the future maintenance work.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation, OHMVR Division
1725 23rd St, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816-7100
Phone : (916) 324-1574
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, minor alteration of exist
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt b/c it falls within the CE class listed. Proposed activities described above do not have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment. A CEQA Project Evaluation Form for the project is on file at the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division office listed.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.