Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area - Toner Gate Modification
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Ocotillo Wells State Vehicular Recreation Area - Toner Gate Modification
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the project is to remove the exterior traffic detector loop at the East Toner gate, install a concrete pad, and then re-install the detector loop within the surface of the concrete pad. In addition, the key pad on the exterior of the East Gate will also be relocated further east from the gate. Ground disturbance will take place in the roadway corridor for the concrete pad needed for the traffic detector loop. The keypad location will require excavation as well, but smaller scare. The new keypad location will be the same distance from the road's edge as the original. Excavation for that pad will occur just to the outside edge of the split rail fence that borders the road. Finished dimensions for the traffic pad should be 22 ft in width and 10 ft along the road. The detector loop that will be cut into the concrete surface will measure between 6 ft and 20 ft across by 6 ft - 8 ft in length. Finished dimensions for the new keypad location should be 2 ft x 2ft x 4ft. Excavation for the traffic pad will be done with a backhoe. Constructed forms will be installed flush to the surface and will be approx 6 in deep. The backhoe will be used to excavate up the 4-5 in deep, the rest of the depth will be obtained through the use of hand tools, such as shovels. The original electrical line that connects the keypad to the gate control motors will be lengthened to accommodate the new keypad location.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation, OHMVR Division
1725 23rd St, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816-7100
Phone : (916) 324-1574
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, minor alterations of exis
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt b/c it falls within the CE class listed. Proposed activities described above do not have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment. A CEQA Project Evaluation Form for the project is on file at the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division office listed.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.