Caesar Uyesaka LED Stadium Lighting Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Document Title
- Caesar Uyesaka LED Stadium Lighting Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project would provide new baseball stadium LED field lighting, and infrastructure and egress lighting. The program will extend into the night hours and require nighttime lighting for the field, bleachers, and accessory buildings (concession, restroom, etc.). The project would provide stadium lighting to support night games and safe egress to parking lot 30. The project would provide 8 prefabricated 10'-0' x 30" diameter lighting poles bases set in excavated and poured caissons. Foundation bases would be fitted with hot dipped galvanized poles 90-100 ft tall including LED luminaries (5700K -75 CRI) at multiple heights meeting NCAA best lighting practices and general illumination. Lighting would be operating up to 11:00 pm during events. Horizontal boring will be used to provide general infrastructure connections to high voltage campus system for transformer and switch gear. Boring would be up to 1000 lf. There would be up to 1 cy of excavated dirt in boring. A new transformer and vault with KVA calculated for adjacent building and new stadium electrical loads will be installed. New weather proof switch gear shall be installed on reinforced concrete 4'-0" x 10'-0" pad and protected by traffic bollards and fence. Egress LED sealed lighting will be installed at all stairways, concession area and bleachers with rigid conduit and threaded connections. Standard campus lighting will be installed at walkways and ADA restroom, security and parking lot areas will be illuminated per code and comply with UC police safety standards.
- Contact Information
University of California, Santa Barbara
Office of Campus Planning & Design
Santa Barbara, CA 93106
Phone : (805) 893-3796
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306, info collection
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is a research project and will not result in ground disturbance. There will be no sensitive resources impacted by the proposed project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.