American RIver Common Features (ARCF) Water ResourcesDevelopment Act 2016 *WRDA 16) Project, Bank Erosion Projects, Geotechnical Data Collection
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- American RIver Common Features (ARCF) Water ResourcesDevelopment Act 2016 *WRDA 16) Project, Bank Erosion Projects, Geotechnical Data Collection
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Proposed data collection via mini-JET (Jet Erosion Test) and soil sampling at levee toe and bank at each of ten sites will inform USACE on the extent of ban erosion and future design of bank erosion protection projects along 11 miles of LAR levees and 25 miles of SAC levees (river left) protecting the City of Sacramento. Equipment will be hand-carried to test site. The pump includes a screen to prevent fish entrainment. Straw wattles will be used to prevent sediment from entering the river. A 2x2-ft square of vegetation will be cleared, and a jet of water will penetrate approx. 2 feet into thetest site. Approx. 5-10 ponds of soil will be collected from each site.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-0251
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306 - Class 6
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of geotechnical exploration throug minor fluvial erosion testing and soil sampling.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.