Next Generation Clipper (C2) Regional Fare Payment System Integrator
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Document Title
- Next Generation Clipper (C2) Regional Fare Payment System Integrator
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The C2 System Integrator Project will be based on a proven, high-volume, multi-operator fare collection system. It will support all existing fare policies; will accommodate innovative pricing strategies; and will provide an accurate, reliable, consistent and fast customer experience when purchasing fare products, paying fares, managing accounts, and receiving customer service. In addition to replacing obsolescent systems and equipment, the C2 System Integrator Project will introduce new features to the Clipper Program that address the most common customer and user issues with the existing fare collection system.
- Contact Information
Metropolitan Transportation Commission
375 Beale Street, Suite 800
San Fransisco, CA 94105-2066
Phone : (415) 778-5275
- Alameda Contra Costa Marin Napa San Francisco
- Other Location Info
- City: Varies Location Specific: Transit agency vehicles, stations, and property in the nine counties of the San Francisco Bay Area - Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 14 CCR 15061(b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The C2 System Integrator project involves that supply and installation of computer systems and technology devices at offices and on buses, vehicles and transit station platforms. The project does not include any physical facility construction, land acquisition, or underground construction work. Minor repairs or modifications of existing public facilities may occur on station platforms when equipment is installed or serviced, but in general, the minor site work required at transit stations to install equipment is the responsibility of the participating Clipper transit operators. The project does not include the enactment and amendment of zoning ordinances, the issuance of zoning variances, and/or the approval of subdivision maps. The project does not include the implementation of any technologies or devices that directly consume fossil fuels or generate emissions. The project is not expected to have a significant effect on the human environment. The C2 System Integrator project has no foreseeable potential to cause either a direct or indirect physical change in the environment, and therefore is exempt from CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.