California Aqueduct MP 74.10L Installation of Replacement Communication Cable
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct MP 74.10L Installation of Replacement Communication Cable
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR's San Luis Field Division (SLFD) will excavate an approximately 192 feet long, by 6 inch wide, by 3 feet deep trench in the middle of the Aqueduct road, about 6 feet away from the Highway 152 bridge. Each end of the trench will have an additional excavated approximately 4 feet long, by 3 feet wide, by 3 feet deep. B&B Communications (B&B) will then lay a replacement section of cable in the trench and splice it into the existing cable in the excavated areas at each of the trench. After B&B finished splicing the new cable, SLFD will backfill and compact all excavated areas. The old section of the communications cable will remain buried and will be abandoned in place.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
San Luis Division 31770 Gonzaga Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5132
- Other Location Info
- Location Specific: The project is on the left (L) side of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) at milepost (MP) 74.10, about 0.56 miles upstream of the intersection of Billy Wright Road and the Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 15301 Exst. facil.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves trenching an area to splice a new section of communications cable into an existing line. This work will not increase the use of the communication line.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.