Operation of South Mountain Mutual Water Company (Company) - South Mountain Back-Up Well Project (Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Operation of South Mountain Mutual Water Company (Company) - South Mountain Back-Up Well Project (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Company proposes to develop new replacement well to meet Title 22 water quality standards. The well is expected to operate at a depth of no more than 280 feet in order to obtain higher quality drinking water for residential users. Currently, the shallow existing well exceeds maximum contaminant levels for salts, gross alpha and selenium. The well is approximately 580 feet northeast of Loftus Canyon Road, north of South Mountain road. The Construction is complete as of September 3, 2018.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Santa Barbara District Office 1180 Eugenia Place, Suite 200
Carpinteria, CA 93013
Phone : (805) 566-1326
- 34°21'28N"N 119°'21W"W
- Santa Paula
- Other Location Info
- Location: North of S. Mountain Rd, East of Loftlus Canyon road, City of Santa Paula, Ventura County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 2, Title 14, Division*
- Reasons for Exemption
- *6, Chapter 3, Article 19, Section 153012 The Project is exempt because it is a replacement of an existing utility system involving no expansion in capacity.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.