Rotary Screw Trap and Fyke Net Monitoring and Transport Study (Amendment No. 2 and extension to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2013-0013-R4).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 4 (Fresno) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 4)
- Document Title
- Rotary Screw Trap and Fyke Net Monitoring and Transport Study (Amendment No. 2 and extension to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2013-0013-R4).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California of Fish and Wildlife is issuing Amendment No. 2 for the Streambed Alteration No. 1600-2013-0013-R4 issued to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, San Joaquin River Restoration Program. The Project includes the annual temporary installation of a combination of up to eight (8) rotary screw traps (RSTs) and fyke nets within the San Joaquin River to determine the feasibility of use of both methods to (1) assess juvenile fall0run Chinook salmon (Onchorhynchus tshawytscha) migration behavior; (2) assess in-river spawning success and survival through mark recapture of river reared fall-run juveniles in comparison to unmarked naturally spawned juveniles; and (3) assessment of trap capture efficiency utilizing marked and released juvenile fall-run salmon of various developmental stages. Amendment No. 2 adds additional trapping locations and extends the seasonal period of trapping. The extension extends the expiration date of the agreement to March 1, 2023.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 4
Central Region 1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4014
- Fresno Madera Stanislaus
- Other Location Info
- Location: Proposed activities will occur at up to eight (8) locations within the San Joaquin River channel: approximately 1.25 miles downstream of the Friant Dam; approximately 0.5 mile east of Avenue 11; at the State Highway 99 bridge; approximately 350 ft downstream of the USGS gauging station at Gravelly Ford; approximately 50 ft downstream of the Chowchilla Bifurcation Structure; and approximately 75 ft downstream of San Mateo Road; approximately 0.5 mile upstream of the Hills Ferry Barrier; and approximately 20 feet upstream of the Hills Ferry Barrier.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 6, Title 14, Sec. 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed activities are information gathering to determine the feasibility of rotary screw traps and fyke nets, to assess juvenile fall-run Chinook salmon migration behavior, in-river spawning success and survival, and trap capture efficiency utilizing marked and released juvenile fall-run salmon. The proposed activities will have no significant environmental effects if completed under the protective measures included in streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2013-0013-R4, as amended.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.