Chuter Stream Crossings and Stream Restoration (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0290-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Chuter Stream Crossings and Stream Restoration (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0290-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0290-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code with Timothy Chuter, the Permittee. The project is limited to ten (10) encroachments to upgrade stream crossings on a tributaries to McNab Creek and to implement streambank restoration at one site due to impacts from an unpermitted rock pit operation. Work for stream crossing encroachments will include excavation, removal of the existing culvert, and replacement with a new, for the streambank restoration at the site of the rock pit will involve appropriate grading, erosion controls and revegetation of the site.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Northern Region 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5827
- Parcel #
- 21, 28
- Other Location Info
- Location: The projects to be completed are located on a triburtaries of McNab Creek in the Russian River watershed, approxmiately 7 miles south of the city of Ukiah, County of Mendocino, State of California. Note: see NOE for full details.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, title 14, Sec. 15301*
- Reasons for Exemption
- *Section 15333 The project replaces undersized culverts with appropriately sized and placed stream crossings and implements streambank restoration. There would be no significant impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project would not constitute an expansion of use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.