Camp Far West Dam Geotechnical Investigation Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Camp Far West Dam Geotechnical Investigation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project includes geotechnical explorations at four locations and two seismic refraction surveys. Geotechnical investigation of the main dam is intended to characterize the presence, extent, and in-situ properties of alluvial foundation deposits. Camp Far West Dam and reservoir is owned and operated by the South Sutter Water District (District) to provide public safety and water supply benefits.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : 916 358-29842
- Other Location Info
- City: Wheatland Location Specific: The Camp Far West Dam is locate on the Bear River about 5.5 miles northeast of Sheridan, Placer County and about 6.5 miles east of Wheatland, Yuba County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 15304-Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves only minor alterations to land and water which does not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.