Van Ness Emergency Timber Operations (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0654-R1) for 2-18EM-130-SHA.
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Van Ness Emergency Timber Operations (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0654-R1) for 2-18EM-130-SHA.
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- As part of Emergency 2-18EM-130-SHA, the project is limited to one permanent Class 1 crossing (East Fork Clear Creek) that was recently constructed by Cal Recycle and FEMA as part of the Carr Fire emergency hazardous materials removal work. The existing crossing is a vented rock filled ford. This vented ford is hydrologically disconnected from the natural dirt approached and provides a rocked, stable running surface. Jefferson Resource Company will utilize the existing crossing and remove it upon completion of emergency timber salvage operations. The proposed crossing work is located within the Carr fire burn area and potential wet weather erosion could result in extreme downstream movement of large material. The crossing shall remain in place for the entirety of the emergency timber operations unless the following conditions dictate the need removal: - Soil saturation at the approached to the crossing resulting in the shutdown of timber operations for the winter season. - Sustained stream flows increase to the point in which they are consistently over-topping the running surface of the crossing.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 605-6166
- Other Location Info
- Location: The project is located on the East Fork Clear Creek, tributary to Clear Creek and Whiskeytown Lake, in the County of Shasta, state of California; in the East Fork Clear Creek Watershed (5524.640202). . .USGS 7.5 minute quadrangle "Schell Mtn., CA".
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 & Class 4, title 14*
- Reasons for Exemption
- *15301 and 15304 The project proposes to utilize an existing structure and remove the crossing structure when operations are complete. Potential significant adverse impacts on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065 will be avoided. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.