Mussey Water Diversion, Stream Crossing, and Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0451-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Mussey Water Diversion, Stream Crossing, and Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0451-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0451-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Mr. Chad Mussey. The project is limited to two encroachments. One encroachment is for water diversion from an unnamed tributary to Powers Creek for domestic use and irrigation. Work for the water diversion will include removal of existing structure, installation of new structure, and use and maintenance of upgraded water diversion. The other encroachment is to decommission a stream crossing and remediate unpermitted stream alteration. Work for this encroachment will include excavation, culvert removal, reconstruction of the natural flow path of the channel, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Northern Region, Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2064
- 40.13879°'"N 123.6625°'"W
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- Project Location: The project to be completed is located within the Powers Creek watershed, approximately 6.68 miles southwest of the town Alderpoint…NOTE: See NOE for full details.
- Other Information
- *in the Fort Seward
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 21, tit. 14, Sec. 15321
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes to remediate impacts from unpermitted stream channel modifications and water diversion associated with cannabis cultivation and resulting from a NOV. Work was conducted without a Streambed Alteration Agreement (Fish & Game Code [FGC] Section 1602) on or before May 22, 2018. This is an action by regulatory agency to enforce or revoke a lease, permit, license, certificate, or other entitlement for use issued, adopted, or prescribed by the regulatory agency or enforcement of a law, general rule, standard, or objective, administered or adopted by the regulatory agency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.