State Route 91 Improvement Project Between State Route 57 and State Route 55
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans, District 12 - Orange (California Department of Transportation, District 12)
- Document Title
- State Route 91 Improvement Project Between State Route 57 and State Route 55
- Document Type
- JD - Joint Document
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Transportation, District 12
- Present Land Use
- The project area is, for the most part, heavily developed. Land uses south of the SR-91 are generally dominated by residential development (both single- and multi-family), the Santa Ana River, parkland, industrial, and commercial development. North of SR-91 land uses include residential development (both single and multi-family), industrial, commercial, medical, the Santa Ana River, and parkland.
- Document Description
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) District 12, in cooperation with the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA), is proposing to improve traffic operations on State Route 91 (SR-91) from Post Mile (PM) 4.7 to PM R10.8, State Route 57 (SR-57) from PM 15.5 to PM 16.2, and on State Route 55 (SR-55) from PM 17.4 to PM R17.9 in the cities of Anaheim, Fullerton, Orange, and Placentia in Orange County, California, a distance of approximately 6 miles. The proposed improvements would include the SR-91 freeway mainline widening, primarily in the eastbound direction, and modifications to various interchanges, connectors, ramps, and intersections. Construction of the proposed project is expected to begin in 2026 and is anticipated to be completed in 2030, a duration of approximately 3.5 years. The alternatives that were considered included the Build Alternative, which was identified as the Preferred Alternative, and the No-Build Alternative. This proposed project is included in the 2019 Federal Transportation Improvement Program (FTIP) as project ID ORA150110. It is also included in the Southern California Association of Government’s (SCAG) 2016-2040 Regional Transportation Plan/ Sustainable Communities Strategy (2016 RTP/SCS) as project ID 2M0736. Caltrans, District 12, as assigned by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), has prepared this Initial Study with Mitigated Negative Declaration/Environmental Assessment, which examines the potential environmental impacts of the alternatives being considered for the proposed project located in Orange County, California.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation
1750 E 4th Street, Suite 100
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Phone : (657) 328-6153
- 33°50'38"N 117°49'41"W
- Anaheim Fullerton Orange Placentia
- Cross Streets
- Intersection of SR-91, SR-57, and SR-55 (6 miles)
- Total Acres
- Parcel #
- Please see attached NOC
- State Highways
- SR-91, SR-57, SR-55, SR-90
- Southern CA Regional Rail Auth.
- Please see attached NOC.
- Santa Ana River
- Other Location Info
- State Route (SR-) 91 Improvement Project is located between SR-57 and SR-55 from post mile (PM) 4.7 to PM R10.8 (from west of State College Boulevard to east of Lakeview Avenue), SR-57 from PM 15.5 to PM 16.2 (from just south of SR-91 to just north of SR-91), and SR-55 from PM 17.4 to PM R17.9 (from south of SR-91 to SR-91).
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
- Development Type
- Local Action
- Other Action Transportation Project
- Project Issues
- Aesthetic/Visual Air Quality Archaeologic-Historic Biological Resources Drainage/Absorption Flood Plain/Flooding Forest Land/Fire Hazard Geologic/Seismic Greenhouse Gas Emissions Minerals Noise Population/Housing Balance Public Services Recreation/Parks Schools/Universities Soil Erosion/Compaction/Grading Solid Waste Toxic/Hazardous Traffic/Circulation Tribal Cultural Resources Vegetation Water Quality Water Supply Wetland/Riparian Wildlife Growth Inducing Land Use Cumulative Effects Other Community Impacts, Environmental Justice, Railroad, Energy, and Paleontology
- Reviewing Agencies
- California Air Resources Board California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5 California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 12 California Department of Water Resources California Energy Commission California Governor's Office of Emergency Services California Highway Patrol California Native American Heritage Commission California Natural Resources Agency California Public Utilities Commission California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Santa Ana Region 8 California State Lands Commission Department of Toxic Substances Control Office of Historic Preservation San Gabriel and Lower Los Angeles Rivers and Mountains Conservancy State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Water Quality California Department of Conservation
- Environmental Document
- 03_NOA_FONSI_SR-91 PDF 61 K 04_Summary_Form_SR-91 PDF 588 K 05_SR-91_Final_IS-EA with Appendices_June2020 PDF 125258 K
- 01_NOC_SR-91 PDF 537 K
- State Comments
- 2018111042_Conservation Comment PDF 281 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.