Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Redwood Loop Trail Brochure Sign
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Install a new brochure interpretive panel at the beginning of the Redwood Loop Trail at Big Basin Redwoods State Park to provide visitors with information and brochures. Work will:
- Use a posthole digger to excavate one (1) 6" x 6" x 3" deep hole;
- Set one (1) 4" x4" redwood post into the hole;
- Pour concrete into the hole, around the post, to secure post;
- Place some of the excavated soil over the concrete base to conceal; and
- Attach one (1) 30' x 36' interpretive panel to the post.
Project consists of construction and location of limited numbers of new small structures included as "interpretive signing or panels" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list if exempt activities, in accordance with CCR S15300.4; and the minor public alteration in the condition of land which does not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.