Duel Vocational Institute Fire Station Replacement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Duel Vocational Institute Fire Station Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project includes demolition of an existing 4,500 sf fire house, including a 368 accessory storage building, miscellaneous flat work surrounding the facility, utilities and site work. Hazardous material abatement is also part of the demolition scope of work. The replacement facility will be a single story 8,696 sf, two apparatus bay fire station with supporting spaces. The building will consist of a rammed aggregate pier substructure, continuous concrete footing, CMU bearing walls and steel roof structure along with supporting grading, trenching, utilities replacement, and site work. The facility contains: 1) Two apparatus bays, apparatus maintenance bay, and storage space; 2) The business area consist of offices and dispatch spaces; 3) The residential area consist of dorm rooms, dayroom/kitchen and bathrooms spaces.
- Contact Information
Peter J Connelly Jr.
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Office of Facility Planning, Construction and Management 9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-3010
- San Joaquin
- Other Location Info
- Location: Duel Vocational Institute, San Joaquin County CA
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Sec. 15301 & Class 2*
- Reasons for Exemption
- *Section 15302 (replacement or reconstruction) The projects of alterations to existing facilities that involve no expansion of use (CEQA Guidelines 15301) and replacement of existing structures on the same site, same purpose and capacity as the structure being replaced. The project site is not in and environmentally sensitive area and none of the exceptions to this exemption are applicable. This is one of a class of projects that the Secretary for Resources has found do not have a significant effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document. None of the exceptions to a notice of exemption apply.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.