Little Panoche Detention Dam Small Mammal Burrow Control
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Little Panoche Detention Dam Small Mammal Burrow Control
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Small mammal burrows will be carefully excavated on the downstream face of the LPDD using shovels and other hand tools. The burrows will be excavated up to 2 feet in depth, allowing any animals present to leave the burrows. After the burrows are excavated, they will be backfilled and compacted. This work was recommended by the United States Bureau of Reclamation Dam safety Office to reduce the rodent population and number of burrows, which threaten the integrity of the dam. The State and federal water projects will benefit.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
San Luis Field Division 31770 Gonzaga Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5132
- Other Location Info
- Location Specific: The project is located on the downstream face of Little Panoche Detention Dam (LPDD). LPDD is approximately 20 miles west of the City of Firebaugh.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15305(b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Work will occur on an existing DWR dam; the work will not increase the capacity or use of the dam. Categorical exemption 15301(m) (Existing Facilities-Minor repairs and Alterations to existing Dams and Appurtenant Structures Under the Supervision of the Department of Water resources) applies.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.