Eel River Geotechnical Drilling Survey (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0501-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Eel River Geotechnical Drilling Survey (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0501-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to (4) encroachments to implement geotechnical survey drilling within the Eel River channel in preparation for building two new bridges offer the Eel river. Building of the two new bridges is not authorized by this Agreement, and shall be subject to a subsequent notification. Two encroachments are to drills two borings into the river channel to an approximate depth of 200 feet, including the backfilling of the borings with cement grout and native rock and sands. The borings are to be located at least 150 feet from the wetted edge of the river, and shall take place only during periods of dry weather. Two encroachments are for water drafting from the river solely to facilitate drilling, limited to 15 gallons per minutes and 1,000 gallons per day. Some minor grading of the drill site may be required to accommodate the drilling equipment and to clean up the drilling sites after completion. No vegetation shall be removed for this project. Nos sediment shall be discharged to streams.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office (Northern Region) 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5827
- 40.3262°'"N °'"W
- Other Location Info
- Project Location: The projects to be completed are located at two separate locations on the Eel River gravel bars within the river channel near the localities of Holmes, Larabee and McCann County of Humboldt, State of California. NOTE: See NOE for full details.
- Other Information
- Second Location: Township: 1N Range: 2E Section: 34 Base: HB&M Lat: 40.4200 Long: -123.9355
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4, title 14, sec 15304*
- Reasons for Exemption
- * Minor Alterations to Land, Class 6, 14 CCR section 15306. Information Collection. The project is small in nature and duration, and the temporary borings will be backfilled with minimal footprint. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project would not constitute an expansion of use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.