Capital On-Ramp TD879516 Huntington Beach Wave 66kV Relocation Project (Amendment to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0026-R5).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 4 (Fresno) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 4)
- Document Title
- Capital On-Ramp TD879516 Huntington Beach Wave 66kV Relocation Project (Amendment to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0026-R5).
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed an Amendment to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0026-R5, issued to the Southern California Edison. The project involves removing an existing transmission corridor including all 18 wooden poles and the overhead lines from Newland Marsh. The amendment to the Agreement includes removal of a measure regarding installation of osprey platforms. The project will have no impacts on osprey and thus a minimization measure for this species is unnecessary. What would have been an extra benefit is not possible because the California Department of Transportation, the land owner, is not willing to take possession and responsibility for a minimum of two and up to three already aged wooden poles the measure stipulated be left in place. Without this measure all 18 of the poles will be taken down as stated in the Notification.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 4
1234 East Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4017
- 33.650382°'"N 117.986661°'"W
- Huntington Beach
- Other Location Info
- Project Location: The Project will occur within the Newland Marsh between Newland Street and Beach Boulevard, within City of Huntington Beach, California.
- Other Information
- USGS 7.5 Minute Quad Map Newport Beach. NOTE: See NOE for full details.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 6, title 14, sec. 15301(b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project includes work on existing facilities of a publicly-owned utilities used to provide electric power as a public utility services. The Project will not have signification environmental impacts if it is completed under the protective features of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0026-R5.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.