Plug and Abandonment of 30 Oil and Gas Wells on Platform Holly and 2 Wells situated on the Ellwood Piers
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- California State Lands Commission
- Document Title
- Plug and Abandonment of 30 Oil and Gas Wells on Platform Holly and 2 Wells situated on the Ellwood Piers
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Former State Oil and Gas Leases No. PRC 421, PRC 3120, and PRC 3242 (Leases) consist of offshore oil and gas operations that includes an oil and gas platform (Platform Holly), onshore oil and gas piers (Ellwood Piers), 32 oil and gas wells and their associated infrastructure. The Project consists of the plug and abandonment of 30 oil and gas wells situated on Platform Holly and 2 wells situated on the Ellwood Piers; rehab of existing facilities on Platform Holly, including replacemenmt of office and other facilities on the platform and repair of the decking, platform rig, transformer, generator, crane and associated equipment necessary for plug and abandonment work; maintenance, repairs and installation of a truck rack on the onshore Ellwood Onshore Facility (EOF) to support the plug and abandonment; and, potential transport and trucking of oil from the EOF, as necessary (no more than 15 trucks per/day to the Phillips 66 Santa Maria Pump Station on Battles Road in Santa Maria).
- Contact Information
California State Lands Commission
100 Howe Avenue, Suite 100-South
Sacramento, CA 95825-8202
Phone : (916) 574-1900
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15269(b)(c); Class 1, 2, & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is being undertaken on an emergency basis to address the hazard posed by the desertion of operable oil and gas facilities on and affecting public lands.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.