California Aqueduct Reach 2B Erosion Repairs
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct Reach 2B Erosion Repairs
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- SLFD will backfill and compact portions of the Aqueduct embankments and the Aqueduct road at MP 60.85R, MP 60.70R, MP 60.41L, MP 55.15R, MP 51.87R, MP 49.75R, and MP 47.85R that have eroded due to runoff. Up to 200 feet of the existing roads upstream and downstream of the erosion sites will be graded. Fill material will come from the spoil piles located at MP 62.00R and from SLFD Headquarters. Approximately 50 cubic yards of fill material will be used for repairs at MP 51.87R; all other erosion repair sites will use approximately 10 cubic yards of fill. State Water Project Contractors will benefit. NOTE: See NOE for full details.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
San Luis Field Division 31770 Gonzaga Rd.
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5132
- Merced Stanislaus
- Other Information
- Location Specific: Work will occur in Stanislaus and Merced Counties approximately 4.75 miles west of the City of Newman. The work will occur on the right (R) and left (L) sides of the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct) at milepost (MP) 60.85R, MP 60.70R, MP 59.07R, MP 55.15R, MP 51.87R, MP 49.75R, and MP 47.85R.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will repair erosions along the existing Aqueduct embankment and Aqueduct road in portions of Reach 2B. Repairs are necessary to protect the integrity of the Aqueduct and associated roads, but will not increase the capacity or use of them.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.