New Seismic Monitoring Station Installation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Emergency Services, Office of (Office of Emergency Services, California)
- Document Title
- New Seismic Monitoring Station Installation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The state-of-the-art earthquake recordiong and telemetry equipment proposed to be installed at this station will contribute continuous seismic data to the CA Earthquake Early Warning System (CEEWS) and ShakeAlert, designed to potentially save thousands of lives during a large earthquake, prevent critical infrastructure damage, and expedite recovery following a large earthquake.
- Contact Information
Office of Emergency Services, California
3650 Schriever Avenue P.O. Box 419023
Mather, CA 95655-4203
Phone : (916) 845-8132
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15303, 4, 6 - Class 3, 4 & 6
- Reasons for Exemption
- New small weatherproof enclosures to operate seismic sensor equipment for the purpose of data collection. Minor public or private alterations in the conditions of land and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.