Common Landowner Transfer of up to 16,000 acre-feet of Antelope Valley-East Kern water Agency's Approved 2018 State Water Project Table A Water to Kern County W
1 Documents in ProjectDownload CSV New Search
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Common Landowner Transfer of up to 16,000 acre-feet of Antelope Valley-East Kern water Agency's Approved 2018 State Water Project Table A Water to Kern County W
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project is the transfer of up to 16,000 acre-feet of Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency's (AVEK) approved 2018 State Water Project (SWP) Table A water (2018 Table A Water) to KCWA. The request was made on behalf of landowner V Lions Operation, LP (V Lions), which own land in both AVEK's and KCWA's service areas. V Lions will use the transferred water to better manage its water supplies. The delivery of AVEK's 2018 Table A water to KCWA under this Agreement shall be completed by December 31, 2018 for use within the SWP Place of Use.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis office 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Other Information
- Location Specific: From the Delta to Kern County Water Agency's (KCWA) turnout(s) at Reach 12E of the California Aqueduct.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1; Ceqa Guidelines*
- Reasons for Exemption
- *Section 15301, existing facility. a. State Water project long-term water supply contract includes provisions for delivery within the SWP place of use. b. No construction is required to implement the proposed points of delivery. c. The facilities are existing facilities that have not been expanded or modified to implement the proposed change in points of delivery. d. The water will be delivered to lands that have been in agricultural production for many years. There will be no change in land use.