Diversion Dam Removal Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0257-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Diversion Dam Removal Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0257-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2015-0257-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Mr. Daniel Davoudian. The project is limited to full removal and remediation of a dam which was installed without prior authorization. The dam was built using rebar and poured concrete and measures approximately 2.5-feet tall and spans width of the stream channel. Fine sediment and gravels are impounded behind the concrete dam, and water has eroded the right bank by going around the dam structure. To remove this dam, a temporary diversion dam will be constructed upstream to de water the work area. The dewatering will be done with sandbags, plastic sheeting, and flexible culverts to reroute water around the dam and work area. An electric demolition hammer will break the dam apart into larger pieces which can be hauled out of the stream channel and taken away using wagons or small trailers towed by ATV. Once the concrete and rebar have been removed from the channel, a shovel or other hand tools will be used to realign the gradient of the stream channel. Any large rocks shall be placed along the right bank to protect it from further scour. All equipment, including diversion sandbags, piping, plastic, broken concrete, rebar and tools shall be removed from the site at the completion of the project. This Agreement does not authorize the diversion of water out of the stream now or in the future. The intent of the project is to restore the stream channel and banks to pre-dam condition.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2239
- 40.54559°'"N 123.13520°'"W
- Other Information
- The Project is located at McCovey Gulch, tributary to Hayfork Creek. U.S. Geological Survey map Hayfork, Mount Diablo Base and Meridian. The diversion is located in US Forest Service managed land off Morgan Hill Road.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 7, title 14, sect. 15307
- Reasons for Exemption
- Remediation of unpermitted stream alteration to reduce impacts to natural channel and reduce sedimentation and erosion.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.