Noble Van Duzen River Ranch Temporary Crossing Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0401-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Noble Van Duzen River Ranch Temporary Crossing Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0401-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- California department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0401-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Jack Noble. The project is limited to encroachment to install a summer flatcar bridge crossing the Van Duzen River. The temporary bridge installation and removal would occur between June 15 and October 15 of each year to access the south side of the Van Duzen River Ranch (VDRR) for conducting seasonal ranch activities. The bridge will be installed by placing two 33-foot long flatcars side by side over the channel. The flatcars will rest on 1-foot by 1-foot concrete beams. Abutments and approaches will be formed using native river-run gravel from the dry river bar. A front-end loader and excavator will each require two crossings of the Van Duzen River to install and remove the bridge each year.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 445-5387
- 40°31'39.922"N 124°5'19.885"W
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Van Duzen River, near the town of Hydesville.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4, sec. 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project only involves minor temporary use of land and will have negligible or no permanent effects on the environment. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.