Agreement among the Department of Water Resources of the State of California, Tulare Lake Basin Water Storage District, and Kern County Water Agency for a Chang
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Agreement among the Department of Water Resources of the State of California, Tulare Lake Basin Water Storage District, and Kern County Water Agency for a Chang
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Growers within Kern County Water Agency intend to purchase up to 25,000 acre-feet of pre-1914 Kings River water from J.G. Boswell Company, a landowner with TLBWSD. In order to facilitate the delivery of KCWA's acquired water from Boswell to its service area, TLBWSD proposes to transfer up to 25,000 acre-feet of TLBWSD's approved 2018 SWP Table A water (TLBWSD's Table A water) to KCWA. In exchange, up to 25,000 acre-feet of Boswell's pre-1914 Kings River water will be delivered to TLBWSD for use in its service area. The delivery of TLBWSD's Table A water to KCWA shall be completed by Dec 31, 2018.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-4547
- Other Location Info
- Delta to Reachs 9 through 12E of CA Aqueduct and Reach 31A of Coastal Branch
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- A. The proposed project is a water management operation using only existing facilities. B. The project will not support new development or a change in land use. C. The project does not establish a new permanent source of water supply.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.