Porterville DDS Electrical Systems Upgrade Domestic Well Field
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Community Services and Development, California Department of (California Department of Community Services and Development)
- Document Title
- Porterville DDS Electrical Systems Upgrade Domestic Well Field
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project will upgrade the Porterville Development Center on-site boilers and steam and condensate lines to maximize efficiency, lower natural gas consumption, and meet San Joaquin Valley Air Quality Management District emissions requirements. The 25,000 lbs per hour boilers to be completely replaced. The new boilers will be downsized to 17,500 lbs per hour or less meet the future heating load of the site. There would be 3 new boilers, similar to the current arrangement, where 1 boiler would operate during the summer months, 2 during winter, and the 3rd would alternate to provide even usage. A temporary boiler would be connected to the distribution system, existing boilers would be demolished and the new boilers installed during the lower heating load of summer. The deaerator will be removed and reinstalled at a higher level. Replace hot well condensate pumps associated piping and boiler economizer. The stream and condensate lines are adequate within the tunnels and do not require replacement; leaks or physical damage to be repaired or replaced. All steam shut off valves are leaking and will be replaced. The thermal wrap for the lines to be repaired or replaced where needed so all steam and condensate piping has no exposure. All steam traps to be replaced. There are 17 ward units intended to remain operational that have yet to be upgraded. Upgrade 14 of these building mechanical rooms as follows: Wards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 26, 35, and 36. Remove 2 or 3 tankless water heaters and replace with heat exchange type water heaters in Administration Building. Remove electric condensate pumps and replace with either the same or steam driven condensate pumps at Buildings 1 & 21.
- Contact Information
California Department of Community Services and Development
2389 Gateway Oaks, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone : (916) 376-3824
- Other Location Info
- 26501 Ave. 140 Porterville, CA 93258
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This exemption allows for the operation, repair, maintenance or minor alteration of existing public structures and facilities including restoration or rehabilitation of deteriorated or damaged structures, facilities, or mechanical equipment to meet current standards of public health and safety, that involve negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. The State confirms that no exceptions apply which would preclude the use of an exemption for this project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.