MEN 101 Roadway Stabilization Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- MEN 101 Roadway Stabilization Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Caltrans is proposing to repair storm drainage on US Route 101 near the unincorporated community of Ridge in Mendocino County. Stormwater runoff from multiple rain events between Jan 2017, and April 2017 saturated the roadway prism due to a pair of defective culverts and a roadside ditch. The saturated roadway caused a landslide that severely damaged pavement on the southbound shoulder and southbound first travel lane. Additional land movement following the Redwood Valley Fire that occurred in Oct 2017, exacerbated the damage. As a public safety measure, Caltrans subsequently closed the southbound shoulder and travel lane. Rain events from the approaching rain season will likely lead to additional slides or potentially cause a complete roadway failure that could shut down US 101 or compromise public safety.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2377
- State Highways
- SR 101
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project involves restoring two existing culverts and an existing roadside drainage feature by adding scour protection and replacing, when necessary, to decrease future degradation with de minimus increase in fill. The project will not result in an expansion of the existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.