115kV Transmission Line Steel Pole Recoating 34th to 36th Streets Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Document Title
- 115kV Transmission Line Steel Pole Recoating 34th to 36th Streets Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- SMUD proposes surface preparations and coating of three 115 kilovolt (kV) transmission line steel poles. The heights of the poles are 95 feet. The poles were originally installed in the late 1970's and the coating to be removed contains heavy metals. The existing coasting of the poles be will be removed with full containment system prior to the recoating work. Analytical testing on similar utility poles indicate trace amounts of heavy metals. Once removed all coating with be testing for hazardous waste characterization and managed in accordance local, state, and federal regulations for hazardous waste management. For the initial refinishing of thee poles, it will be necessary to remove the layers of all coatings down to exposed steel to eliminate rust and ensure appropriate adhesion and life of the paint re-coating. The 115kV lines will be de-energized for the recoating work. The pole locations are located directly adjacent to the RT Gold Line East Sacramento Corridor. The trains will remain in operations with the use of flaggers who will work corporately with the pole maintenance crews. Maintenance will occur approx. between the hours of 7AM and 7PM. *See NOE for full details.
- Contact Information
Sacramento Municipal Utility District
P.O. Box 15830 MS B203
Sacramento, CA 95852-1830
Phone : (916) 732-6676
- Sacramento Rapid Transit Gold LN
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15330, 15300
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Secretary of Resources has identified general categories of projects that do not have a significant effect on the environment, including maintenance projects. *See NOE for full details.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.