Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Fern Creek Bridge Replacement
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Replace and old existing redwood log/catwalk bridge with a new 60-feet steel bridge on Fern Creek Trail in Mount Tamalpais State Park to improve public safety and access. Work will:
- Set up and utilize technical rigging to set the bridge beams and to facilitate material transport to the remote work location.
- Frame and pour two(2) new concrete abutments attached by helical anchors into bedrock;
- Set a 60 foot spliced galvanized steel bridge onto the concrete abutments;
- Re-route the existing trail approaches to the new bridge;
- Install 24 redwood cribbed steps and two (2) new retaining walls up to three (3) feet tall and 16 feet in length along re-routes; and
- Remove the old catwalk bridge grate, hardware and railing, and leave the redwood log in the creek.
Project consists of the repair, maintenance, and minor alteration of existing public facilities involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond current levels, included as "trail repair" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR 15300.4; and the minor public alteration in the condition of land which does not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.