Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Gate House Fence Replacement
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Remove a dilapidated wood fence at the Gate House state residence at Point Lobos State Natural Reserve and replace with 350' of new fencing to enclose the yard and to provide privacy. Work will:
- Remove ~350' of existing wood fencing at the residence;
- Excavate thirty-two (32) 4" x 4" x 24" deep post holes along the same alignment;
- Set one (1) 4" x 4" x 8' redwood post per hole (24' below grade) and secure with concrete;
- Attach 2" x 4" x 8' redwood boards between the posts and attach 1" x 8" x 6' redwood fence boards to the 2" x 4" boards;
- Install three (3) access gates; and
- Remove one (1) non-native fruit tree located within the fenced yard's footprint.
Project consists of replacement or reconstruction of existing structures or facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced and minor public alterations, in the condition of land, and/or vegetation which does not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.