Sarkaria Stream Crossings and Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0341-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Sarkaria Stream Crossings and Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0341-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The CA Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0341-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Ms. Rosy Sarkaria. The project is limited to four encroachments to unnamed tributaries to Blue Slide Creek. Two encroachments are to upgrade existing stream crossings. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, culvert removal, replacement with new properly sized culvert and bridge, backfilling and compaction of fill, and rock armoring as necessary to minimize erosion. The other two encroachments are to remediate unpermitted stream alteration and water diversion associated with cannabis cultivation. Work will include excavation, channel reconstruction, proper spoiling or excavated material, and seeding and mulching to minimize erosion.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2064
- 40.1263°'"N 123.9649°'"W
- Parcel #
- Other Location Info
- within the Blue Slide Creek watershed, ~2.5 miles southeast of the town of Ettersburg.
- Other Information
- CA U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposed to remediate impacts from unpermitted stream channel modifications and water diversions. Unpermitted work and activities were conducted in association with cannabis cultivation and without a Streambed Alteration Agreement (Fish and Game [FGC] Section 1602) before March 29, 2017. The project will also prevent sediment from entering streams, violations of FGC Section 5650. This is an action by regulatory agency to enforce or revoke a lease, permit, license, certificate, or other entitlement for use issued, adopted, or prescribed by the regulatory agency or enforcement of a law, general rule, standard, or objective, administered or adopted by the regulatory agency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.