Mine Tailing Pile - Soil Investigation.
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Mine Tailing Pile - Soil Investigation.
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project proposed to undertake geotechnical services to identify the soil conditions near Corral Hollow Creek in Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area to determine if soil conditions will allow installation of metal sheet piles as a part of a future project to prevent mine tailings from entering the creek. Work will: - Use a tracked mini-excavator to excavate up to five(5) 3 - 10 feet deep test puts adjacent to Corral Hollow Creek. Representative soils samples will be recorded for future analysis and excavation will be back filled with excavated materials. - Use a track-mounted drill rig equipped with hollow stem augers to bore three (3) 15-40 foot deep hole. Representative soil samples will be record for future analysis and borings will be back filled with excavated materials.
- Contact Information
Monica L. Aleman
California Department of Parks and Recreation
One Capitol Mall, Suite 410 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 445-8826
- Alameda San Joaquin
- Other Location Info
- Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- C:4, 6 S:15304 , 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the minor public alterations in the conditions of land and vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees and the basic data collection and resource evaluation activities which do not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource included as "Soils and structural engineering tests" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR 15300.4
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.