Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of
Ventura Training Center - Site Preparation
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Project consists of several activities necessary to prepare this 15-acre state-owned site for future construction of the proposed Ventura Training Center. Specifically, the following 6 activities are proposed:
1. Construction of concrete low-water crossing (LWC) through man-made drainage ditch along access road.
2. Consolidation of multiple piles of chipping slash into one or two large piles which will be spread evenly as mulch over site once leveling has been completed.
3. Training burn to remove woody debris scattered throughout the site.
4. Site leveling by heavy equipment to re-contour site to its previous level condition. Site will be leveled to the natural contour of the area using existing soil.
5. Pouring of one or two 200' x 200' concrete slabs that will be used for fire training facilities.
6. Construction of an 8-ft chain-link fence along the perimeter of the CDCR facility for a sight/sound barrier.